Ski & Snowboarding
With the majority of the skiing above 1800 meters, Chamonix has a fantastic snow record. Whilst Chamonix's reputation is that of an extreme resort, there is however plenty of skiing for everyone to enjoy. Each of the ski areas has their own personality:
- Le Tour - right at the top of the valley, this is a great place for beginners and experts alike. Le Tour has fantastic wide open, well groomed runs and some magical off piste, with beautiful views of Chamonix Valley and Switzerland.
- Le Brevant - La Flegere - these two areas are linked and can be accessed by either La Flegere cable car (a five minute walk from the chalet) or the Brevant bubble. Set on the sunny side of the valley these areas get the sun the majority of the day, and facing Mont Blanc, the views are spectacular. Skiing is generally at an intermediate to advanced level here, with some easily accessible off piste, although in Flegere there are two great green runs for beginners.
- Les Grand Montets has a reputation for extreme steep skiing, a beautiful day out with really stunning scenery and skiing, with some of the most extreme skiing in the valley available here, not an ideal place to take a novice.
- Les Houches - at the bottom end of the valley the skiing here ranges from the fairly gentle to the more extreme Le Kandahar - the black run used for the men's downhill. (Les Houches is not included in the standard 6 day Cham Pass).
- Vallee Blanche - this is a truly amazing day out, only to be tackled with a guide and only for those of a good skiing ability, taking the Aigulle du Midi to its highest point you will descend down the Vallee Blanche across the Mer de Glace for some 26 kms.
We will be happy to help with all arrangements to ensure that your Chamonix ski experience is one to remember. If you want to hire a Mountain Guide to take you to find the best snow in the valley, to booking Heli Skiing, or just to booking an instructor to improve your technique let us know what you need and we will get it arranged for you.